Friday, November 13, 2009

Me: An endangered species

The other day I took part in the examiner.com first annual survey of global warming, and the results are in.

Of the many skeptics who took part in the survey (who mostly came from Wattsupwiththat readers):

92% of skeptics in the survey were male.
50% are aged 55 or older


Oh, dear. Looks like hot, young (ish) female skeptics who like a bit o' science are few and far between. (Since I can't post a photo due to enforced anonymity, you will just have to take my word for it that I'm hot (ish). At least, if you like girls with glasses, and seriously, who doesn't secretly dig the whole "naughty librarian" look.)

So I'm not sure if I'm going to alienate or titilate (har har) my potential readership with what I'm going to say next.

I've been thinking about bras lately. Mostly because I'm on the small side up top these days and can't find anything that fits. When I found myself in the tween section of a department store looking at day-glo pink Hannah Montana training bras, I thought "Oh, sod it" and decided to go commando, much to the delight of dirty old men everywhere. (And FYI: leering at me and saying "You left your head-lights on, love" as an oh-so-subtle way of telling me you're looking at my nipples is not as droll as you might think.)

Thats when I discovered this fabulous number from the Japanese division of underwear giant Triumph, and started re-thinking my decision. Behold! The solar powered bra:


If peak oil isn't enough of a reason, thats enough to make me hurdle the fence into the alarmist camp! I particuarly like the fact that the photovoltaic cells are embedded in what appears to be fake-lawn, because I don't know about you, but I regularly aspire to making my scantily clad body look like a golf course.

If you look closely (and if you aren't I'd like to know whats wrong with you), you may notice the gel cups hanging from the, er, lady bits. Apparently they're for storing water and have a drinking straw attachment, although I hope I'm not the only one who wonders about the practicality of keeping liquids suspended above a photovoltaic cell.

If all this doesn't float your boat, then rest assurred that you can get your nerd on by using this to charge your ipod or mobile 'phone.

The only thing that concerns me here (apart from, well...EVERYTHING) is that you can't wear anything over the top of it. I'm not much of a fashionista, but I thought the whole "underwear as outerwear" thing was so, like 1995.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, so don't worry if they don't show up immediately. All comments (and offers of funding from Big Pharma or it's cousin Big Oil) are appreciated. Nigerian banks need not apply.